Smoothies are one of my favourite breakfasts because you can add a lot of veggies and still have a wonderful sweet taste, and this Green Mango Smoothie is no exception. It has a subtle taste and very creamy and rich texture. Try it and feel …
This easy beetroot berry smoothie has a lovely taste. Using beets in smoothies adds more veggies to your daily diet without comprising the sweet smoothie taste. I find beets great in berry smoothies because they have a sweet taste. Smoothies are generally great to incorporate more veggies in your daily food intake, in which case beets and berries are a great mix.
If you want to add some more recipes for a big lovely brunch, you can add these recipes
Beetroot berry smoothie
- 2 beetroots (~2 dl cubed)
- 1 dl frozen strawberries
- ½ dl frozen rasperries
- 1 date (optional)
- 3-4 cm fresh ginger
- 10 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 2 tsp psyllium husk (optional)
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- water to cover the ingredients in the blender
- Coconut flakes
- Müsli / Granola
- Nuts and seeds
- Nut butter
- Rinse your beetroots and ginger. I use organic vegetables to avoid having to peel them. I just rinse them with a veggie brush and cut off the ends and any weird looking parts. Cut the beets and ginger into cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and add water to cover the ingredients in the blender.
- Enjoy in a glass or with some toppings as a smoothie bowl.
Enjoy this refreshing blueberry and peas smoothie for brekky as it is or with some crunchy topping. Perfect for a on the go brekky as well. Proteins for breakfast Using peas in smoothies is my secret tip to have more proteins and fibers but still …