Smoothies are one of my favourite breakfasts because you can add a lot of veggies and still have a wonderful sweet taste, and this Green Mango Smoothie is no exception. It has a subtle taste and very creamy and rich texture. Try it and feel …
If you are looking for an easy lunch, try this grapefruit salad with hemp seeds and pea sprouts. It’s super easy to make and very refreshing. I love the vibrant colours. Adding hemp seeds will allow a better absorption of the nutrients in the veggies and fruit, as they are more easily absorbed when consumed with fats. Hemp seeds also contain all 10 essential amino acids and they add a lovely nutty taste to the fresh and sour taste of the grapefruit.
Another yummy salad:
Grapefruit Salad with Hemp Seeds and Pea Sprouts
- 3 lettuce leafs
- 2 handful fresh spinach
- ½ grapefruit
- ½ celery stem
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 handful pea sprouts
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Rinse the veggies and place the salad leafs in a bowl.
- Peel the grapefruit. Chop the grapefruit, cucumber and celery stem into desired sizes. Add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the hemp seeds and some apple cider vinegar on top.
- Decorate with the pea sprouts and enjoy.
This Buddha Bowl with Sautéed Mushrooms is great for emptying the fridge, and I love the colourfulness it brings to the table. The sautéed mushrooms add such a lovely flavour to the bowl, and go well crunchy cabbage and carrot. More yummy salads: Tomato Ramson …
This easy beetroot berry smoothie has a lovely taste. Using beets in smoothies adds more veggies to your daily diet without comprising the sweet smoothie taste. I find beets great in berry smoothies because they have a sweet taste. Smoothies are generally great to incorporate …
Enjoy this refreshing blueberry and peas smoothie for brekky as it is or with some crunchy topping. Perfect for a on the go brekky as well.
Proteins for breakfast
Using peas in smoothies is my secret tip to have more proteins and fibers but still keep a sweet taste from the berries. Peas have an excellent sweet taste and don’t disturb the lovely notes from berries. This way you get to have more smoothies without too much sugar. Also, peas are high in Vitamin A and C as well as potassium.
Blueberry and Peas Smoothie
- 1 dl frozen peas
- 1 dl frozen blueberries
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ banana/ 1 date (optional for a sweeter version)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds (optional)
- 2-3 cm fresh ginger
- water/plantbased milk to cover the ingredients in the blender
- coconut flakes
- hemp seeds
- Add all the ingredients in the blender. Add enough water/plant based milk to cover the ingredients and blend until smooth. I use half water/plant based milk to get a creamy and more filling smoothie if I'm having the smoothie for breakfast and just water when having it as a snack.
- Enjoy as a drink or add some toppings for a delicious smoothie bowl.