Tofu scramble with dijon mustard
Tofu scramble is perfect for the best meal of the day: brekky. This easy tofu scramble gives you a great start to the day and at the same time fuel for whatever activities I need to do. Freshly baked bread is lovely in the morning, but tofu is amazing for keeping you full in a lighter sense than bread can be. Enjoy this tofu scramble with some dijon mustard on the side. It definitely beats the usual ketchup sauce!
If you want to go for big brunch try these amazing carrot and sunflower seeds rolls
- 200 g firm tofu
- olive oil for frying
- ½-1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste (optional; alternatively a sliced tomato or salsa sauce)
- 1 tsp tamari sauce (optional; alternatively more salt)
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch of salt
- dijon mustard (for serving)
- Heat a frying pan with oil and all the spices.
- While the spice mixture heats up, use your hands to crumble the tofu into the desired scramble size onto the pan. I usually leave some bigger pieces to get a good mix of small and large size tofu pieces.
- Fry it for about 5 minutes (or longer, if you like it a bit more crispy) while giving it a stir.
- Enjoy with some dijon mustard.