These twisted cardamom buns (vegan Swedish kardemommesnurrer)are sooo good! They are a little less fluffy than the usual ones, as I have used half whole grain spelt flour and half all purpose spelt flour to get some more fibers in. I love making sweet treats …
Summer aka strawberry season is here and what better way to have strawberries than in this Vegan Danish Strawberry Tart – “Jordbærtærte”?! I promise the effort is worth it! It does involve a few steps to create the tart the traditional way. Especially when you …
A little note about dates
There are three main types of dates: Fresh (also known as juicy), medjool and dried, pitted medjool dates. Fresh dates and medjool dates are typically bought in a cardboard box in most groceries.
Dates are an amazing healthy alternative to processed sugar, which is often used in sweets. However, dates have lots of fibers, vitamins and minerals and not to forget sweetness. The sweetness can variate and medjool dates will typically have a more caramelly flavour.
When I create a recipe with blended dates, I typically blend some extra and keep a the date cream in a glas in the fridge or in ice cube sizes in the freezer. This way, its always super easy to make a healthy sweet treat, when I have cravings but also feel lazy.
More yummy spreads
- Vegan Wholesome Chocolate Nutella Spread
- Creamy Pea and Edamame Spread
- Creamy Hummus (oil-free)
- Glutenfree Muhammara (Vegan Red Pepper & Walnut Dip)
- Roasted Almond Butter
- 400 g dried pitted dates
- 1 cup boiled water
- Boil water and allow dates to soak 15 minutes.
- Add dates and half of the water to high speed blender until smooth. Add more of the water if needed and to get the consistency you desire. (I usually add all the water).
- Store in freezer for 1-2 weeks.
- You can also make it a larger batch and freeze it down in portions, so it is easy accessible if you want to make dessert fast one day.