Refreshing blueberry and peas smoothie
Enjoy this refreshing blueberry and peas smoothie for brekky as it is or with some crunchy topping. Perfect for a on the go brekky as well.
Proteins for breakfast
Using peas in smoothies is my secret tip to have more proteins and fibers but still keep a sweet taste from the berries. Peas have an excellent sweet taste and don’t disturb the lovely notes from berries. This way you get to have more smoothies without too much sugar. Also, peas are high in Vitamin A and C as well as potassium.
Blueberry and Peas Smoothie
- 1 dl frozen peas
- 1 dl frozen blueberries
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ banana/ 1 date (optional for a sweeter version)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds (optional)
- 2-3 cm fresh ginger
- water/plantbased milk to cover the ingredients in the blender
- coconut flakes
- hemp seeds
- Add all the ingredients in the blender. Add enough water/plant based milk to cover the ingredients and blend until smooth. I use half water/plant based milk to get a creamy and more filling smoothie if I'm having the smoothie for breakfast and just water when having it as a snack.
- Enjoy as a drink or add some toppings for a delicious smoothie bowl.