Turmeric latte (Golden Milk)
My favourite afternoon drink is this turmeric latte (golden milk) 🍵 A mug full of love and warming spices.
Health benefits of turmeric
Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin. Curcumin is the component responsible for the beautiful orange color inhibit to turmeric. It is also the component containing the powerfull anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidants.
These anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidants have been proven to have many health benefits. These are amongst others that it can help treat arthritis and psoriasis, counteract carcinogenic substances (cancer), and treating early stages of type 2-diabetes.
Source: “The Plantbased diet” (Danish) by Maria Felding (clinical dietitian) & Tobias S. Hansen (doctor)
Yummy Indian food to pair it with:
Turmeric Latte (Golden Milk)
- 1 cup plant based milk (I prefer half soy & oat)
- 5 g fresh turmeric (or 1 tsp ground powder)
- 5-10 g fresh ginger* (or 1 tsp ground powder)
- ½ tsp cardamom
- pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 date (optional, for a sweeter version)
- Heat the milk in a pot on low heat.
- Rinse the turmeric and ginger. If using organic, you don't need to peel it. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend for a few minutes.
- Serve as is or strain as it might have tiny fragments from the fresh ginger and turmeric.