Gluten-free Muhammara (Vegan Red Pepper & Walnut Dip)
This Gluten-free Muhammara (Vegan Red Pepper & Walnut Dip) is so delicious on a piece of bread or with some veggie sticks. Yum! Usually, you use pomegranate molasses, but since I didn’t have any, I used balsamic vinegar instead, and it works just fine. Also, you add in breadcrumbs, but I wanted to create af gluten-free one, and I find it taste just as good without the bread crumbs to be honest. I hope you do too ❤︎
More yummy spreads and dips:
Gluten-free Muhammara (Vegan)
- 2 red peppers
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or 1 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp oregano (optional)
- Turn your oven to 180°C fan oven. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place the inside down on the baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the skin starts to wrinkle and darken in colour.
- Meanwhile, place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse a few times.
- When the peppers are done you can either remove the skin (do so, if it's burned) or leave it. Personally, I leave it on. Add them to the blender and blend until smooth. If the dip is a little warm allow to cool down before serving.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and oregano on top before serving.